After tenant screening is completed the job of selecting the best possible tenant from the screened applicant pool is next.
We use documented predetermined objective criteria to select the best applicant for the property which they are applying for while being careful to adhere to Connecticut Real Estate Laws, Federal, and State of Connecticut Fair Housing Laws.
The following tasks are done during the tenant selection phase:
- Communication with the property owner
- Communication with the selected tenant
- Create a tenant account in our online system
- Collect a hold deposit from the selected tenant
- Collect any missing or promised documentation
- Prepare the lease contracts
- Prepare a move-in checklist
- Mark the advertised property as pending
Our detailed tenant selection process is an included service when we are hired to lease a property.