The Old Saybrook Rotary Club meets from 7am – 8am on Wednesdays at The Estuary in Old Saybrook CT but President Gerri Lewis arrives around 6 AM to get things ready. The entire board arrived by around 6:15 AM to meet with me early today, they are indeed enthusiastic early rising Rotarians.
The Estuary is a nice environment for a Rotary meeting as it is sunny and bright and affords some pleasing water views as well as offering an excellent breakfast. The Old Saybrook Club is the icing on the cake as they are extremely welcoming and friendly.
Today was a very special day in Old Saybrook as they inducted 3 new members:
- Eric Reisner is the operations manager at Lyman Real Estate located in Westbrook. He lived in Nicaragua for a year developing property and then in Singapore for 2.5 years. From there he returned to the US last July.
- Amber Scherber is a Science Teacher at The Old Saybrook High School where she teaches Anatomy & Physiology, AP Biology, CP Biology, Marine Biology, Science and Contemporary Issues and is the faculty advisor for the Student Council, Interact club and the Class of 2016.
- Christy Burnham is an Attorney in Old Saybrook and is returning to Rotary. She lives in Old Saybrook and is very active in the community.
President Gerri Lewis sponsored all three of these members. Gerri is a lady on a mission to increase the ranks of the Old Saybrook Rotary Club with quality members and she has been working very hard on it.
Congratulations to Eric, Amber and Chritsy for becoming Rotarians today and joining the Old Saybrook Rotary Club!!! Special Thanks for Gerri Lewis for being their Sponsor!!!
The Old Saybrook Rotary club serves the towns of Old Saybrook, Westbrook and Old Lyme with the following activities and support:
- Meals on Wheels
- Fuel Assistance
- Dictionary Project
- Warm the Children
- Community Outreach
- Lyme Youth Service Bureau
- Shoreline Soup Kitchen
- Action Public Library
- Ball Field at Kavanaugh Park
….to name just a few. They also participate in numerous humanitarian projects with international scope and are generous supporters of The Rotary Foundation.
Come visit Gerri Lewis and all of the Old Saybrook Rotarians on Wednesday morning for breakfast at The Estuary in Old Saybrook. It’s a great way to start the day.