I had the pleasure of inducting 3 fabulous new members into the Derby-Shelton Rotary Club today as being the big speaker at Ernie Luise’s home club wasn’t enough fun!!
Inducted into our Rotary family today was:
- Porter McKinnon (Director of Sales & Marketing at Allegra) and sponsored by Mary Ellen Samatulski
- Kelly Morrisey (Personal Fitness Manager & Author at The Edge Fitness Club) and sponsored by Linda Holmes
- Shaye Roscoe (Executive Director of the Boys & Girls Club) and sponsored by Bill Nimmons
The Derby-Shelton Rotary Club is a very active (and fun) mid-sized club that has been around since 1927.
Some of the things that this club does especially well:
- Generously give out scholarships
- Team up with the Valley United Way to support unique gardening projects
- Recognize outstanding Students of the Month
- Actively participate in Amber Alert
- Sponsor a community based Interact Club
- Host Inbound Youth Exchange Students
- Run Shelton Day
- Run Hoptoberfest event
- Generously support The Rotary Foundation
The Derby-Shelton Club recently (last year) dedicated a new 3,000 sq/ft pavilion at the Shelton Riverwalk. This was a massive multi-year six figure+ project by the club which yielded a beautiful community pavilion.
This is a club with an interesting mix of membership that is clearly on the move under President Bill Miller’s expert leadership. They get big things done and have big plans.
The Derby-Shelton Rotary Club meets on Thursdays for lunch at the Brownson Country Club in Shelton. It’s a nice place to make-up with a great group of Rotarians that also features fabulous views of the golf course.
Pingback: Shelton Day brought us by The Derby-Shelton Rotary Club | Rick Bassett