The Ledyard Rotary Club is an ambitious group of ‘early risers’ that meets at 7 AM and are on their way by 8 AM. The club is relatively newer by D7980 standards in that it was chartered in 1987.
The Ledyard Club supports the following community and international charities through their foundation:
- The Furniture Bank of SE CT
- Safe Kids of New London County
- Gales Ferry Volunteer Fire Department
- Haitian Health Foundation
- United Way of SE CT
- Town of Ledyard – Social Services
- Ledyard Educational Advancement Foundation
- The ARC of New London County
- The Martin House
- The Thames River Family Program
They do numerous fundraisers including their annual Bowl-a-thon to support these important causes.
The club is progressively trying out new things including:
- Revamping their annual ‘changing of the guard’ ceremony to recognize the ‘Citizen of the Year’.
- Setting up a new Facebook page.
- Organizing a ‘potential members’ event for October.
The Ledyard Rotary Club meets on Thursday mornings at Groton Inn & Suites – 99 Goldstar Highway (Route 184) – Groton, CT. A great way to start a Thursday.
Pingback: Ledyard Rotary Club hosts successful Prospective Member ‘Meet and Greet’ | Rick Bassett