The Fairfield Rotary Club is a Monday luncheon club that is about 80 members strong. The club will be celebrating their 75th Anniversary in 2014; look forward to a big celebration party!!!
In the meantime, it is all noses to grindstone as the club prepares for their annual Golf Tournament on Sept 23rd at Brooklawn Country Club in Fairfield, CT. They are looking for golfers, sponsors and raffle donors. For more information contact Golf tournament coordinator: Bill Llewellyn 203-330-0630.
Today was a special day for Fairfield Rotary as they inducted Chris Neubert as their newest member into the club. Chris was sponsored by Jim Hughes. Congratulations to both of them!!! Chris for coming into a vibrant club and to Jim for being a great Rotarian!!!
So what does the Fairfield Rotary Club do? Well…
Community Service Projects:
- Amber ID – 4th year conducting this program for the public – this year’s event is on October 26th
- Operation Hope – Local organization helping homeless transition to renters and eventually owners, they also conduct food drives, serve at their food pantry and the put together the concession stand at their annual tag sale
- Rescue Mission – serve people in need in Bridgeport, on their traveling food truck
- Golden Hill Methodist Church – Serving food, provided by the church, to those in need in Bridgeport for over 10 years
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing for over 30 years in December
- Town Cleanup projects
- 2 active Interact clubs at Fairfield Warde and Fairfield Ludlowe High Schools
- Rotaract Club at Fairfield University
- Student Recognition Luncheon for over 40 years each May to recognize 40 top students from the 4 high schools in Fairfield, Fairfield Ludlowe, Fairfield Warde, Fairfield Prep and Notre Dame
Fundraising: – Fairfield Rotary Foundation Annual Events
- Celebrity Luncheon – 10 years and counting. Prominent speaker each year, raising an average of $20,000 for Scholarships and Grants. Usually have 300 people Plus attend each year in March at Fairfield University.
- Annual Golf Tournament at Brooklawn Country Club in Fairfield raising funds for Scholarships and Grants
- Over $20,000 per year in Grants each December
- 4 substantial scholarships to top students who are community service oriented, per year
…and sometimes they just manage to have fun.
Fairfield Rotary is also extremely active at all levels of Rotary (Club, District, Zone and International) as many of their members are models of Service above Self. I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention that Fairfield Rotary is the home club of Mac Leask (The Godfather of Future Vision); Mac has applied his personal touch to many of the policies and procedures that TRF is using worldwide today. It’s got to be easy for Mac to get that kind of work done when his partner has such a beautiful perpetual smile.
The Fairfield Rotary Club meets for lunch on Monday’s at the Gaelic-American Club in Fairfield. It’s definitely worth doing a make-up here as you are certain to have an enjoyable time and get the best Rotary Chicken that is available at any Rotary club on a Monday in Fairfield Connecticut.