Today was a very busy and enjoyable day visiting the Norwich Rotary Club. The day started early as the Club delivered over 350 Dictionaries to 3rd graders in classrooms all over Norwich. I had the pleasure of accompanying President Barry Shead and Past President Bonnie Hong to one of the schools. Nice touch Norwich handing out Yellow Dictionaries.
Today was an extra special day at the Norwich Rotary Club as we inducted 2 new members: Sara Glynn and Mike Cooney.
This 50+ Club (# members, not age) is very busy supporting and working on many community projects. A partial list of those endeavors includes:
- Rose Garden
- Refurbish Greenville Playground
- Build Electric Trolley for City of Norwich (more on this in future post)
- Amber Alert
- Dictionary Project
- Norwich Little League
- Book Donations for Otis Library
- CAPPS Awards Luncheon
- Grocery gift cards for needy families
- Coat Drive
- Norwich Rotary Community Corps
- Native Son/Daughter Recognition Banquet
- Celebrate Diversity
The Norwich Rotary Club meets at the Bella Fiore Restaurant @ 543 West Thames Street in Norwich on Wed afternoons for lunch. It’s a great group of Rotarians and certainly an enjoyable time making up there.