Dear Conference Attendees,
I hope you are as excited as I am about the wonderful upcoming weekend we have planned for the 2014 District Conference. We have a record number of Rotarians and partners registered for all or part of the Conference activities which is an automatic ingredient for a great time – the more Rotarians the better right?
The following are some tips on how you might want to prepare for the various festivities the Conference Committee has planned. NOTE – should share this list with anyone who might be accompanying you as their participation is welcome in any or all of the events described below.
1. BYOB – Bring Your Own Banner! If your club has a special banner, have someone bring it along and join in the fun as we compare designs, ideas and message. While this is billed as a “contest” it is really about sharing club’s creative ideas.
2. Beach clean-up at Ocean Beach State Park – We will provide disposable gloves and trash bags. There will also be a place to change for those going to the Paul Harris Lunch. Note – there will be some painting involved, so dress accordingly.
3. Friday Night – First stop on the Magical Mystery Tour. This is a Beatle’s themed evening, so dig out your bell bottom pants, go go boots, peace signs and nehru shirts. Also, wear your dancing shoes as we rock to the music of The British Invasion. Do you remember the 60’s or is it a purple haze?
4. Saturday Night – Begins with a Kentucky Derby Party during the cocktail reception. This will include a Hat Contest and there will be an opportunity to “bet” on your favorite horse. Bring your own hat or borrow one from our props table.
5. Saturday night gala is dressy so, find that little black dress or your tux or best suit and join in the BIG celebration of our Rotary year.
6. CALLING ALL SINGERS!!! There will be plenty of opportunity to sing throughout the weekend and we need enthusiastic voices to lead it. Rehearsals are scheduled throughout the weekend and it’s amazing what this group will prepare in 48 hours. Everyone is welcome – Rotarians and guests. Information will be posted at the Registration Desk re; Rehearsal times and location.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me. I look forward to travelling with you this weekend on the Magical Mystery Tour as we celebrate the Rotarians of District 7980!
Download the Conference Program Book by <clicking here>