The Montville Rotary Club is made up of early risers and so far they are the only sunrise club that has agreed to have their board meeting with me before their meeting, which means that we started at 6:30 AM today.
For a club of just 14 members, the Montville Rotary Club does many great things in their community including:
- Supporting the homeless shelter
- Supporting Oklahoma Relief efforts
- Distributing dictionaries to 3rd graders
- Awarding (3) $1,000 scholarships to assist deserving students (residents of Montville, Connecticut) in continuing their education beyond secondary school.
- Thanksgiving Food baskets
- Honoring the Teacher of the Year
- Adopting a family for Christmas
- Participating and supporting the Relay for Life
- Recently recognizing several Montville Businesses for their quick response and support for the Montville Cares Breast Cancer Tee Shirt. Montville Cares is a Breast Cancer Awareness program that was started by three boys at Tyl Middle School who have had close family members affected by Breast Cancer.
to name a few ..
The club raises funds in some interesting ways including:
- The Montville Rotary Club co-sponsors the annual Montville Master’s Race, a 6.2 mile running competition for people 40 and older.
- Give back dinners done in partnership with the local Chili’s Restaurant
- Fall Trivia Night
Despite the small number of members, the club is very organized and focused. They are especially focused on bringing in quality new members. Both Immediate Past President Nate Servidio and President Kim Navetta are committed to growing the membership.
The Montville Club usually has some interesting club programs and speakers, save today, which can be viewed on their very active Facebook page.
The club meets on Tuesdays mornings from 7 AM – 8 AM at the Hyatt Place in Uncasville, it is a beautiful facility in the shadows of the casino. They enjoy a nice breakfast for only $5 and the only thing missing is you!!! Stop on in and say hello.